It all started here….
Trademe showed me a trailer and I figured I could do something interesting with it.
On 17 September 2020 I bought my new house for the princely sum of $13,350 – because there was someone else who wanted it…..
This was the listing, there are photos below.
$1 Reserve Hales Semi Trailer 2 Axle Air sus 71m3
$1 reserve – cool chance to grab a semi-trailer at $1 Reserve auction
Hale 2 Axle Semi Trailer, 71 cubic meters internal
On Air suspension. Ferry hooks. LED marker lights. Side door – dual side doors both side, container style rear doors. Good floor which was replaced about 3 years ago, as where rear doors. With multi height step deck / goose neck,
Many uses: Great for horse float, race car, camper conversion or use for dry goods transport etc.
- Internal dimensions: rear: 2760 height, 2320 width, 4600 length
- Internal dimensions: Middle: 3175height, 2320width, 3470 length
- Internal dimensions: Gooseneck: 2275 height, 2320 width, 2960 length
- Internal capacity: 71m3. Total length just over 11 meters.
- COF 14.11.20
- Rego 28.11.20
- RUC paid to 156,000, hubo 154,924
- GVM 16,400kgs
- Tare 5620 kgs
- Tyres – 70-90% tread left all tires
- Year of manufacture 1983 Genuine $1 reserve auction, no buy now, no trades Highest bidder will own unconditionally. Payment and change of ownership within 2 working days of auction close. Selling on behalf of company. GST invoice provided to buyer. Clear title guaranteed.
So I bought it, sight unseen…..
Then I had to get it from where it was to where I was.
Towing seemed to be the simplest way.